Fire destroys furniture store in Southwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters spent several hours at the scene on Church and East Avenue. They say the flames started in the basement of the La Baratita Bedding and Furniture store.
Crews were able to save most of the furniture before the situation became too dangerous and they had to back out. A battalion chief said the building is at least 50 years old, and its design also posed a risk. He said the building is a total loss.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, fire, local
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76