Fire destroys furniture store in Southwest Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters spent several hours at the scene on Church and East Avenue. They say the flames started in the basement of the La Baratita Bedding and Furniture store.
Crews were able to save most of the furniture before the situation became too dangerous and they had to back out. A battalion chief said the building is at least 50 years old, and its design also posed a risk. He said the building is a total loss.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, fire, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 37 min ago
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 15 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free