Hanford woman arrested after deadly head on crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Hanford woman is in jail, accused of causing a deadly car crash while under the influence of prescription drugs.
It happened on State Route 43 near Davis Avenue Saturday night. The CHP said Linda Fairbanks veered her SUV into oncoming traffic and crashed head on into Honda Accord. Another SUV also hit the car.
Investigators say the driver of the Accord died at the scene. A young girl in a car seat was rushed to a hospital with major injuries.
Officers arrested Fairbanks for driving while impaired. The driver of the other SUV walked away with minor injuries.
hanford, fresno county, selma, kingsburg, accident, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos