Fresno police chase ends in Clovis crash
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A police pursuit in Fresno ended in a crash in Clovis on Sunday afternoon. Authorities arrested the suspect after the crash at Herndon and Minnewawa.
Police are now trying to investigate whether alcohol or drugs played a factor in the high speed chase that ended in Clovis.
Police said around 2 p.m. Sunday, they got a call from the parents of Chan Scott asking for police to check on him. When they arrived at the home, Scott stopped by the home briefly, and then left.
About an hour later the suspect showed up at the headquarters of the Fresno Police Department and tried to side-swipe a police car. That triggered a chase that sped through South Fresno, Highway 180, and Highway 168 and ended in Clovis.
"At one point the individual sped up and he attempted to go head on with one of the officers in a vehicle that was coming the other direction. He swerved from his traffic lane, into the oncoming traffic lane, and forced our police officer in his vehicle off of the roadway, on to the side of the street," said Lieutenant John Papaleo with the Fresno Police Department.
Officers said another car was impacted during the chase, but no one was seriously hurt. Chan Scott has since been taken into custody.
clovis, fresno county, high speed chase, local, mariana jacob
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home 58 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect