Tulare Co. murder suspect stabs his attorney
TULARE COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Tulare County public defender is recovering after he was stabbed by his client. Rafael Mendoza was on trial for murdering his wife.
Sheriff's department investigators say as the jury was entering the courtroom, Mendoza stood up and stabbed Attorney John Shepard in the face with a makeshift weapon.
Sheriff's investigators are looking into whether all security checks were made prior to Mendoza entering the courtroom. Mendoza now faces attempted murder charges.
crimetracker, stabbing, court, tulare county, visalia, tulare, local, jessica peres
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 9 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos