Fresno Police catch suspected car thief after standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A standoff that lasted several hours ended in Downtown Fresno Monday night at a home near E Street and California.
Investigators say they went to the address because they believed a suspected car thief was inside of the home. Earlier in the day on Monday, the man was followed by police and he reportedly pointed a gun at them. They later found the stolen car near the home.
After watching the house for several hours, police decided to move in using flash bangs and tear gas to try to get the suspect to come out.
Eventually, the man was forced out by a police dog. He suffered bite wounds but is expected to be okay.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, standoff, theft, crimetracker, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy