Fresno Police catch suspected car thief after standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A standoff that lasted several hours ended in Downtown Fresno Monday night at a home near E Street and California.
Investigators say they went to the address because they believed a suspected car thief was inside of the home. Earlier in the day on Monday, the man was followed by police and he reportedly pointed a gun at them. They later found the stolen car near the home.
After watching the house for several hours, police decided to move in using flash bangs and tear gas to try to get the suspect to come out.
Eventually, the man was forced out by a police dog. He suffered bite wounds but is expected to be okay.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, standoff, theft, crimetracker, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos