Fresno Police catch suspected car thief after standoff
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A standoff that lasted several hours ended in Downtown Fresno Monday night at a home near E Street and California.
Investigators say they went to the address because they believed a suspected car thief was inside of the home. Earlier in the day on Monday, the man was followed by police and he reportedly pointed a gun at them. They later found the stolen car near the home.
After watching the house for several hours, police decided to move in using flash bangs and tear gas to try to get the suspect to come out.
Eventually, the man was forced out by a police dog. He suffered bite wounds but is expected to be okay.
fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, standoff, theft, crimetracker, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 5 min ago
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87