Fire damages Clovis West photography classroom
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fire damaged a room used for photography classes at Clovis West High School Wednesday night.
Fresno Fire Department officials tell Action News the fire started in a corner of the lab on Wednesday evening, causing extensive damage to the room. The rest of the building suffered smoke damage as well.
One custodian was reportedly treated for smoke inhalation and school officials said the room would likely need extensive repairs before it could be used for classes. The cause of the fire was not immediately clear.
"There's so much damage in there right now, they're looking for the origin of the fire. It just appears that it started in the corner of the classroom. In that area, there was quite a bit of paper. It's under investigation right now," Capt. Tim Fulmer of the Fresno Fire Department said.
"We're in the process of assessing the usability of the classrooms. It's very likely that we'll have to relocate all of the classes that are in the C Building, temporarily until we can address the smoke damage in the building," Kelly Avants of the Clovis Unified School District said.
The school is working to figure out where the students will hold classes that normally would be held in the building.
Avants says by the time school starts Thursday there will be a plan in place.
fresno, fresno county, clovis unified school district, fresno fire department, local
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- FSU women's basketball headed to NCAA tournament 42 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea