Selma boy taken in stolen car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Selma police continue to look for a man who they say stole a car with a five-year-old in the back seat.
The car was stolen around 3:15 Wednesday outside an insurance office on Whitson near Floral.
The car and the five year old were found about an hour later and two miles away on Leonard near Manning.
Police say the suspect ditched the car near a vineyard. Action News has learned the boy is doing okay. He was not injured in the incident.
Investigators are still looking for the suspect.
They say they don't think he was trying to take the young boy.
"At this time, that is the appearance, because the car was running or it was easily to be taken. I don't believe he knew there was a child in the backseat," Selma Police Chief Myron Dyck said.
A ten year old girl was also in the car when the suspect jumped in to steal it.
Police say she got out of the car and ran to her mom in the insurance office.
They did not get a good look at the suspect.
Police say all they have is a man in his 20s who was wearing a red baseball cap.
selma, fresno county, theft, kidnapping, crimetracker, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley 35 min ago
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 41 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Wood burning contributing to bad air quality
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos