Veterans Day events take place around Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several events also took place in the Valley today to honor veterans including the 93rd annual parade in Downtown Fresno.
Thousands of people lined the streets to show support for veterans from all wars and all branches of the military.
The parade featured about 200 entries, including local school bands, firefighters, and police.
The route started at City Hall and ended at Chuckchansi Park about three hours later.
Organizers say this is the largest parade of its kind on the west coast.
"It means a lot to know the San Joaquin Valley puts on such a great show for its veterans and shows so much support," Vietnam veteran Robert Scholz said.
The parade started with an opening ceremony to honor some special veterans in front of Fresno City Hall.
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 23 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Accuweather Forecast
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos