Veterans Day events take place around Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several events also took place in the Valley today to honor veterans including the 93rd annual parade in Downtown Fresno.
Thousands of people lined the streets to show support for veterans from all wars and all branches of the military.
The parade featured about 200 entries, including local school bands, firefighters, and police.
The route started at City Hall and ended at Chuckchansi Park about three hours later.
Organizers say this is the largest parade of its kind on the west coast.
"It means a lot to know the San Joaquin Valley puts on such a great show for its veterans and shows so much support," Vietnam veteran Robert Scholz said.
The parade started with an opening ceremony to honor some special veterans in front of Fresno City Hall.
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation