Hundreds turn out for Porterville Veterans Day parade
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the South Valley headed to Porterville on Monday to take part in the city's Veterans Day Parade.
The theme for this year's parade was "Honoring Our Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans."
Rachelle Racca and her children have attended the 94th annual tribute for years. "My parents used to bring us out here so we have to do this for them, that way they know it's important to come out here and support our troops," Racca said.
Thousands of people packed the sidelines to catch the colorful and sometimes noisy exhibits. Not all the floats were loud. Some served as a reminder of the sacrifices family members make when a loved one signs up for duty.
Scott Jeanes plans to enlist in the Army in a few years. He finds the gathering, inspiring. "It makes me feel proud that all these citizens show respect to individuals who put their life on the line every day," said Jeanes.
porterville, tulare county, holiday, local, mariana jacob
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital 1 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders 50 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Valley residents seeing more black widow...
57 min ago