Hundreds turn out for Porterville Veterans Day parade
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in the South Valley headed to Porterville on Monday to take part in the city's Veterans Day Parade.
The theme for this year's parade was "Honoring Our Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans."
Rachelle Racca and her children have attended the 94th annual tribute for years. "My parents used to bring us out here so we have to do this for them, that way they know it's important to come out here and support our troops," Racca said.
Thousands of people packed the sidelines to catch the colorful and sometimes noisy exhibits. Not all the floats were loud. Some served as a reminder of the sacrifices family members make when a loved one signs up for duty.
Scott Jeanes plans to enlist in the Army in a few years. He finds the gathering, inspiring. "It makes me feel proud that all these citizens show respect to individuals who put their life on the line every day," said Jeanes.
porterville, tulare county, holiday, local, mariana jacob
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos