Fresno Police investigate a homicide in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Officers found the victim at Mayfair Drive and 6th Street on Sunday night.
Police said the victim suffered trauma to his mid-section.
Fresno Police responded after someone called 911 to report an unconscious man laying in the grass. Officers and fire fighters tried to resuscitate the man, but he was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police said the man was found just outside his own apartment. They say they have identified him, but they are not yet releasing his name.
"We are, right now, checking everywhere in this area for witnesses, especially with neighbors," said Lt. Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
There was an incident in the same area on Saturday where police were called, but investigators are not sure yet if the cases are connected.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, homicide, crimetracker, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety