Fresno Police investigate a homicide in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Officers found the victim at Mayfair Drive and 6th Street on Sunday night.
Police said the victim suffered trauma to his mid-section.
Fresno Police responded after someone called 911 to report an unconscious man laying in the grass. Officers and fire fighters tried to resuscitate the man, but he was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police said the man was found just outside his own apartment. They say they have identified him, but they are not yet releasing his name.
"We are, right now, checking everywhere in this area for witnesses, especially with neighbors," said Lt. Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
There was an incident in the same area on Saturday where police were called, but investigators are not sure yet if the cases are connected.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, homicide, crimetracker, local
- Amber Alert canceled after boy, 12, found safe 7 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery