Wheels of Hope gives away a free car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some local auto groups are giving the gift of wheels to a deserving person in our community.
A 1993 Pontiac Grand Am will soon belong to one lucky Valley resident thanks to the Wheels of Hope project. The local group received a donated vehicle and then fixed it up.
In December, one worthy family will receive a fully functional car just in time for the holidays. Members say they know a set of a wheels can long way for some people.
"It just opens a huge door for them. you think about doctor visits or maybe getting a job or seeing their mom that maybe they haven't seen in a long time," said Michael Poulsen, Fresno Select Group President.
The deadline to nominate someone is December 14th.
local, amanda venegas
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self 9 min ago
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 57 min ago
- American missing in Iran was on unapproved CIA mission 24 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Mega Millions jackpot raises to $425 million
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not...
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students