Wheels of Hope gives away a free car
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some local auto groups are giving the gift of wheels to a deserving person in our community.
A 1993 Pontiac Grand Am will soon belong to one lucky Valley resident thanks to the Wheels of Hope project. The local group received a donated vehicle and then fixed it up.
In December, one worthy family will receive a fully functional car just in time for the holidays. Members say they know a set of a wheels can long way for some people.
"It just opens a huge door for them. you think about doctor visits or maybe getting a job or seeing their mom that maybe they haven't seen in a long time," said Michael Poulsen, Fresno Select Group President.
The deadline to nominate someone is December 14th.
local, amanda venegas
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 33 min ago
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 11 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free