Fresno house fire forces family from home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters say the home's shake roof made fighting the fire a challenge.
The fire broke out around 7 p.m. Monday at a home near First and Shields. Firefighters believe the fire started in the home's attic, then quickly spread across the roof.
The people inside made it out of the home before firefighters arrived, but firefighters did have to rescue several pets, including a kitten and two dogs. Firefighters said they had to tear apart the entire roof to put out the fire.
The cause is unknown, but firefighters say it appeared to have started near the home's fireplace. They are stressing the importance of properly maintaining and using fireplaces, now that the weather is getting colder.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 1 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 58 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Accuweather Forecast
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos