Drugs found in Fresno workplace shooting suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Lawrence Jones turned the gun on himself last Tuesday after detectives say he shot four coworkers at Valley Protein in Central Fresno.
Salvador Diaz and Manuel Verdin died after they were shot at close range.
The coroner told Action News the autopsy report revealed the suspect, Lawrence Jones had some recreational drugs in his system.
"We've received the preliminary autopsy results on Mr. Jones and they are negative for drugs of abuse, street drugs except for marijuana," Dr. David Hadden said. "And we cannot tell how much he took and when he took it, in terms of the marijuana."
The coroner is now sending lab samples out for a more elaborate test, that will show any prescription drugs or other substances in his system.
Police still do not have a motive for the workplace shooting.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well 21 min ago
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings