Fire damages raisin packing plant in Caruthers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County raisin packing facility is assessing the damage after a fire tore through a storage area.
The fire was reported around 10 p.m. Tuesday at the Caruthers Raisin Packing Facility.
Fire officials say the flames and smoke damaged or destroyed about one-thousand boxes of raisins that were stored in a 50-thousand square foot building.
"There's several thousand boxes that were saved. However, the product can still be damaged by smoke, but we won't know that until facility personnel arrive and are able to assess the raisins to see if they are damaged or not," said John Dominguez with Fresno County Fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Officials believe the damage will total several hundred thousand dollars.
caruthers, fresno county, selma, fire, raisins, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 9 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed 46 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies