Dog kicked to death in Clovis home burglary
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in a Clovis neighborhood are on edge after a break-in at a home left a family pet, dead.
Greg Wilson is stunned anyone would target the quiet cul-de-sac and even worse, kill a family dog. "Actually it's terrible. It's very cowardly to be honest with you, "said Wilson.
Clovis Police got a call from the homeowner sometime after 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday evening reporting the crime. When officers arrived they found one room ransacked. "There were a couple of items stolen; a laptop and a firearm," said Janet Stoll-Lee.
Investigators tell Action News the most upsetting part of the crime is that the thieves killed the family's Pomeranian and it was the pet's owner who discovered the animal in the backyard. Detectives say the dog was kicked to death.
Clovis Police say residential burglaries are up this year. From October 13th to November 13th last year there were 27 burglaries in the city. During the same time this year that number jumped to 39.
crimetracker, burglary, animal, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, mariana jacob
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested 3 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno 27 min ago
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car 41 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor...
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos