Spiderman unmasked in Merced after attempted robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the Merced County jail -- accused of committing a crime while dressed as a superhero.
Officers brought Daniel Bradley to the jail wearing a Spiderman costume. The 21 year old is accused of trying to steal a woman's purse over the weekend in Merced.
Investigators say Bradley was wearing a jacket over his costume during the attempted robbery, and the victim thought she saw a gun tucked in his sleeve.
Police say she ran away and screamed for help. They later caught Bradley, and found the jacket and a metal pipe in the bushes.
Investigators say Bradley told them the costume was part of his disguise.
crimetracker, robbery, merced, merced county, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 56 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire