Spiderman unmasked in Merced after attempted robbery
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the Merced County jail -- accused of committing a crime while dressed as a superhero.
Officers brought Daniel Bradley to the jail wearing a Spiderman costume. The 21 year old is accused of trying to steal a woman's purse over the weekend in Merced.
Investigators say Bradley was wearing a jacket over his costume during the attempted robbery, and the victim thought she saw a gun tucked in his sleeve.
Police say she ran away and screamed for help. They later caught Bradley, and found the jacket and a metal pipe in the bushes.
Investigators say Bradley told them the costume was part of his disguise.
crimetracker, robbery, merced, merced county, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions 19 min ago
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7