Parents arrested for infant's death in Visalia
VISALIA, California (KFSN) -- A Visalia couple is facing charges connected to the death of their six-week-old daughter.
Investigators arrested Aaron Rowe, 23, and Courtney Rowe, 21, Thursday following the death of their daughter, Peyton.
Police say emergency crews were called to the couple's home late Monday night for reports of an infant who wasn't breathing. The baby was taken to Kaweah Delta Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead. The cause of death wasn't immediately known but an autopsy performed Wednesday determined the child died as a result of blunt force trauma. It also revealed older injuries consistent with abuse over the course of several weeks.
"The father, Aaron Rowe, was arrested for the murder itself and booked into the Tulare County Jail for one count of homicide. The mother, Courtney Rowe, was arrested for cruelty to a child resulting in death and she was also booked," said Sgt. Curtis Brown with the Visalia Police Department.
Courtney Rowe's bail has been set at $250,000. Aaron Rowe is being held without bail. Both are expected in court Monday.
crimetracker, murder, visalia, tulare county, tulare, goshen, local, amanda perez
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam 8 min ago
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos