Fresno Sikh community makes Poverello House donation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno's Poverello House will be able to serve nearly 40 thousand meals thanks to a generous donation Saturday.
The Sikh community presented a $21 thousand check to the non-profit during the news conference.
The donation will provide every breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Poverello House this month.
Staff members say they serve about 13 hundred meals every day.
The Sikh community started making annual donations four years ago and the goal is to increase the amount by $1 thousand every year.
Members say this is a way to give back to the community and raise awareness of their religion.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake 9 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees