Three dead after I-5 crash near Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are dead and several others are injured after a crash near Coalinga.
It happened on Interstate 5 near Highway 198 just before 8 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the driver of a Chevy Surburban swerved to avoid a big rig and lost control.
The SUV crossed the median and crashed into a Toyota 4-Runner.
The 38-year-old driver of the Chevy died at the scene, along with a 44-year-old and 7-year-old passenger.
Two teenagers and ten year old in the vehicle were injured.
All five people in the 4-Runner were also hurt, including three children.
Investigators are now searching for the big rig driver, who left the scene.
kings county, accident, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos