Three dead after I-5 crash near Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three people are dead and several others are injured after a crash near Coalinga.
It happened on Interstate 5 near Highway 198 just before 8 a.m. Saturday.
Authorities say the driver of a Chevy Surburban swerved to avoid a big rig and lost control.
The SUV crossed the median and crashed into a Toyota 4-Runner.
The 38-year-old driver of the Chevy died at the scene, along with a 44-year-old and 7-year-old passenger.
Two teenagers and ten year old in the vehicle were injured.
All five people in the 4-Runner were also hurt, including three children.
Investigators are now searching for the big rig driver, who left the scene.
kings county, accident, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 34 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 41 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies