Houston Texans Cheerleaders share beauty secrets
HOUSTON -- Every Sunday the Houston Texans Cheerleaders perform in front of 70,000 fans. They're cheering, dancing, jumping and moving non-stop for hours, so how do they stay so picture perfect?
Heavenly hair, meticulous makeup and sensational skin. Week after week, the Texans Cheerleaders are football-field ready, but their biggest opponent is Houston's heat and humidity.
What's the secret to fighting flat hair? They tease it. A lot.
"[Kevin Murphy Damage Manager] will protect up to 450 degrees," said Tristian Davis, Texans Cheerleader hair stylist. "At 451, the hair is going to melt anyways."
When it comes to makeup, three hours of dancing and sweating can take a toll, but Texans makeup artist Chelsea Teran says there are secrets to a long-lasting flawless face.
"You need to have a good concealer and then foundation and powder," she said. "A lot of people don't do those combinations and that's what really keeps your skin looking flawless throughout the day."
"Let it dry for a second, powder and that makeup isn't going anywhere," Texans Cheerleader Director Alto Gary said.
And here's another secret. Their legs may look flawless, but they're actually wearing a special kind of pantyhose.
"You have to get the sheer to waist because there is some pantyhose that say sheer to waist but you still see the little line at the top of the thigh," Gary said. "We get ours from prolegs.com."
local, adela uchida
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013