Gunman at large after sports bar shooting
HOUSTON -- Two men were shot outside a southwest Houston sports bar early Sunday and the search continues for the man who police say fired the gun.
It happened around 4am outside Cube's Sports Bar on Plainfield and Bissonnet near the Southwest Freeway.
Police said a disturbance started inside the club poured out into the parking lot.
Ox Jones works security at Cube's. He said things inside the bar quickly became violent, and that's when security started forcing everyone outside.
"We escorted people out in the process of everything happening. Once we stepped back inside, that's when everything, the fight just went off," Jones said.
Someone fired multiple shots in the crowded parking lot.
One man was shot in the head and was rushed to Ben Taub General Hospital where he underwent surgery. At last check, he was alive but his condition was unknown.
Another man was shot in the leg. He was taken to a local hospital by friends. Police said he is stable and expected to survive.
Police are interviewing witnesses and working to determine what led up to this shooting and who is responsible for the victims' injuries.
At least two men were detained at the scene for further questioning.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 30 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball