Man critically injured in Galveston car fire
GALVESTON, TX -- Galveston police said a man was in critical condition Sunday after his car caught fire on the seawall.
According to officials, it happened around 10pm Saturday in the 100 block of Seawall Boulevard.
By the time first responders arrived, the car was completely engulfed in flames.
A crew was able to pull the man from the vehicle and rush him to the University of Texas Medical Branch burn unit.
Police said he suffered second- and third-degree burns on most of his body.
It was unclear how the car caught fire. No other details were released and no other injuries were reported.
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District 29 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado