Man killed after driving car into fire engine
HOUSTON -- Police say a man's collision with a fire truck cost him his life early this morning.
The deadly crash happened just before 4am on Aldine Bender near Lillja Road in north Houston.
Houston police say Engine 74 was returning to its station from a call. As the engine was backing in, a white sedan sideswiped it and became pinned beneath it.
Firefighters managed to pull the driver out of the car and get him to an ambulance, but officials said he died before reaching the hospital.
No one else was injured.
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash 26 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos