Man killed after driving car into fire engine
HOUSTON -- Police say a man's collision with a fire truck cost him his life early this morning.
The deadly crash happened just before 4am on Aldine Bender near Lillja Road in north Houston.
Houston police say Engine 74 was returning to its station from a call. As the engine was backing in, a white sedan sideswiped it and became pinned beneath it.
Firefighters managed to pull the driver out of the car and get him to an ambulance, but officials said he died before reaching the hospital.
No one else was injured.
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 28 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach 7 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash 41 min ago
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- News conference on missing Malaysia jet
28 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
15 min ago