Shooter opens fire at birthday party, killing 1
HOUSTON -- Investigators are searching for a killer who opened fire in the middle of a party in northwest Harris County, killing one person and injuring another.
It happened around 2:30am at a home in the 6500 block of McCharen Court near Duckett Park where a birthday party was underway for an adult and a child, officials said.
According to Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators, several people were at the home when 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman got into an argument with Santos Alberto Vasquez, 33.
Deputies said Guzman pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez once in the chest. Vasquez died at the scene and Guzman fled, officials said.
Witnesses knocked over tables and chairs as they tried to escape the gunfire. A second victim was transported to an area hospital and later released. It's unclear whether he was shot or injured in the scuffle.
Guzman is wanted for the murder. Anyone with information on this crime or Guzman's whereabouts is urged to call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 42 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 48 min ago
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 13 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly