Shooter opens fire at birthday party, killing 1
HOUSTON -- Investigators are searching for a killer who opened fire in the middle of a party in northwest Harris County, killing one person and injuring another.
It happened around 2:30am at a home in the 6500 block of McCharen Court near Duckett Park where a birthday party was underway for an adult and a child, officials said.
According to Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators, several people were at the home when 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman got into an argument with Santos Alberto Vasquez, 33.
Deputies said Guzman pulled out a gun and shot Vasquez once in the chest. Vasquez died at the scene and Guzman fled, officials said.
Witnesses knocked over tables and chairs as they tried to escape the gunfire. A second victim was transported to an area hospital and later released. It's unclear whether he was shot or injured in the scuffle.
Guzman is wanted for the murder. Anyone with information on this crime or Guzman's whereabouts is urged to call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos