Fire damages Porterville home
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Porterville firefighters say several people were inside a home when it went up in flames on Sunday.
Crews rushed to the house on Villa and Belleview just before 3 p.m. Sunday. They saw heavy flames and smoke coming from the garage area.
A captain at the scene says the residents evacuated themselves and no one was injured, but crews faced a challenge in fully containing the fire.
"Multiple roof layers made it difficult to find all the hidden parts of the fire, so we were probably involved in fire attack for approximately one hour before we called it contained," said Glen Hall, Porterville Fire Department.
Hall said about half the home was damaged. The cause is still under investigation.
porterville, tulare county, fire, local
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm