Son charged with dad's murder in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX -- A man was arrested Sunday for allegedly fatally shooting his father in Tomball.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies were called to a home in the 16000 block of Lakeshore Drive near Carlton Oaks in northwest Harris County just after 11am Sunday. The caller told authorities her son had just shot his father.
Deputies arrived and found Dale Lee Baker, 63, in an upstairs bedroom. He was shot in the head, officials said.
According to investigators, Baker was airlifted to Hermann Hospital in critical condition and died several hours later.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene to investigate and they took the victim's son into custody.
Cory Dale Baker, 41, was interviewed and subsequently charged with murder.
Investigators said he gave no motive for the shooting.
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos