Son charged with dad's murder in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX -- A man was arrested Sunday for allegedly fatally shooting his father in Tomball.
Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office deputies were called to a home in the 16000 block of Lakeshore Drive near Carlton Oaks in northwest Harris County just after 11am Sunday. The caller told authorities her son had just shot his father.
Deputies arrived and found Dale Lee Baker, 63, in an upstairs bedroom. He was shot in the head, officials said.
According to investigators, Baker was airlifted to Hermann Hospital in critical condition and died several hours later.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office was called to the scene to investigate and they took the victim's son into custody.
Cory Dale Baker, 41, was interviewed and subsequently charged with murder.
Investigators said he gave no motive for the shooting.
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
25 min ago