HPD: Hit-and-run driver returns to fatal crash scene
HOUSTON -- Houston police said a driver suspected in a deadly hit-and-run crash Sunday returned to the scene about an hour later at the request of a family member.
The wreck happened around 3:30am on the North Freeway at the West Road feeder.
According to investigators, the 21-year-old suspect was driving a blue Nissan Versa north on the feeder when she rear-ended a Honda Civic.
The impact shoved the Civic into a concrete pillar and sent the suspect's car through a fence and into a business parking lot.
The woman then reportedly called a family member to pick her up from the scene of the crash.
Meanwhile, the driver of the Civic died after being rushed to an area hospital.
Police were investigating the hit-and-run scene when the woman returned. According to officials, her relative convinced her to go back.
The suspect was taken into custody for failure to stop and render aid. Police are awaiting the results of a blood draw. If they find she was intoxicated, she could face additional charges.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies