HPD: Hit-and-run driver returns to fatal crash scene
HOUSTON -- Houston police said a driver suspected in a deadly hit-and-run crash Sunday returned to the scene about an hour later at the request of a family member.
The wreck happened around 3:30am on the North Freeway at the West Road feeder.
According to investigators, the 21-year-old suspect was driving a blue Nissan Versa north on the feeder when she rear-ended a Honda Civic.
The impact shoved the Civic into a concrete pillar and sent the suspect's car through a fence and into a business parking lot.
The woman then reportedly called a family member to pick her up from the scene of the crash.
Meanwhile, the driver of the Civic died after being rushed to an area hospital.
Police were investigating the hit-and-run scene when the woman returned. According to officials, her relative convinced her to go back.
The suspect was taken into custody for failure to stop and render aid. Police are awaiting the results of a blood draw. If they find she was intoxicated, she could face additional charges.
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt 49 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo