Woman, 21, charged in deadly weekend accident
HOUSTON -- Authorities have charged a woman who is believed to have been driving drunk when she was involved in a deadly accident.
Houston police say Jennifer Nicole Molina, 21, was driving a blue Nissan Versa north on the service road in the 10100 block of I-45 north when she failed to control the speed of her vehicle and struck the rear of a green Honda Civic. The impact forced the Honda into a large concrete pillar.
Molina then lost control of her vehicle, crashed through a chain link fence and came to rest in a business parking lot. Police say she immediately called a family member who picked her up and drove her from the scene moments after the crash.
After nearly an hour had passed, Molina's family member convinced her to return to the accident scene. When she returned, Molina was arrested without incident.
The driver of the Honda was transported to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead. The 34-year-old woman's identity has not been released.
Molina is charged with intoxication manslaughter and accident involving injury or death.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
40 min ago