Woman, 21, charged in deadly weekend accident
HOUSTON -- Authorities have charged a woman who is believed to have been driving drunk when she was involved in a deadly accident.
Houston police say Jennifer Nicole Molina, 21, was driving a blue Nissan Versa north on the service road in the 10100 block of I-45 north when she failed to control the speed of her vehicle and struck the rear of a green Honda Civic. The impact forced the Honda into a large concrete pillar.
Molina then lost control of her vehicle, crashed through a chain link fence and came to rest in a business parking lot. Police say she immediately called a family member who picked her up and drove her from the scene moments after the crash.
After nearly an hour had passed, Molina's family member convinced her to return to the accident scene. When she returned, Molina was arrested without incident.
The driver of the Honda was transported to an area hospital where she was pronounced dead. The 34-year-old woman's identity has not been released.
Molina is charged with intoxication manslaughter and accident involving injury or death.
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- How outside workers deal with cold temps
31 min ago
- Protecting Valley students from freezing...
49 min ago