Splendora woman accused of placing ad for husband's ex
HOUSTON -- A Splendora woman is facing charges for allegedly posting a personal ad on a classified website for her husband's ex-girlfriend as a joke.
Christy Dawn Rash, 35, is facing an online solicitation charge. According to court documents, she's accused of posting the classified on Craigslist earlier this month with the victim's photo and cell phone number.
The victim contacted Pasadena police after she says she received several calls from men requesting to have sex with her. Through an investigation, police were able to link the ad to Rash, who is married to the victim's ex-boyfriend.
When they asked Rash about the ad, they say she admitted posting it as a joke. She said that the victim cheated on her husband when they were dating and that the ad shouldn't be a problem because she said the victim had given sex away in the past.
KTRK legal analyst Joel Androphy says calling the incident a joke won't help one bit.
"'I was playing a joke' isn't legally sufficient to cover a defense in this case," Androphy said. "When you go on the Internet and try to impersonate someone and suggest that the person wants to have sex, and you start getting phone calls from people out on the street, I don't think too many people would think that's funny."
Rash now faces a third-degree felony that could carry jail time from two to 10 years.
Bail in this case is set at $5,000.
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety