Operation Christmas Presence kicks off
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- When you begin your holiday shopping later this week local law enforcement will be watching out for you, but you may not notice.
On Monday, the Fresno Police Department, Sheriff's Office and Highway Patrol announced the launch of Operation Christmas Presence.
Every year during the holidays, uniformed and undercover officers will increase patrols at popular shopping areas, including parking lots, to make sure shoppers are safe during the busy holiday season.
Combined teams of law enforcement officers will be concentrating on area shopping centers.
This is the sixteenth year of Operation Christmas Presence. It runs from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno 44 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide