Operation Christmas Presence kicks off
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- When you begin your holiday shopping later this week local law enforcement will be watching out for you, but you may not notice.
On Monday, the Fresno Police Department, Sheriff's Office and Highway Patrol announced the launch of Operation Christmas Presence.
Every year during the holidays, uniformed and undercover officers will increase patrols at popular shopping areas, including parking lots, to make sure shoppers are safe during the busy holiday season.
Combined teams of law enforcement officers will be concentrating on area shopping centers.
This is the sixteenth year of Operation Christmas Presence. It runs from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve.
fresno, fresno county, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Accuweather Forecast
19 min ago