Two bodies found in Tarpey Village home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are investigating a suspicious death in Tarpey Village. A postal carrier noticed newspapers and mail stacking up outside a Hammel way home. The carrier notified a neighbor, who then found an unlocked door and went into the home and called 911.
Investigators say the men had been dead at least a week. Neighbors say the pair are a father and son who kept to themselves. Kim Yrulegui said, "I've talked with a few other neighbors that have talked to them and the older gentleman, my neighbors know as a world war two vet and his son lives with them to help take care of him and stuff."
Investigators will only say it's suspicious, and for now, are classifying it as a homicide. "Until we can determine exactly what happened, double homicide, murder suicide, or natural causes, we can't say anything until we know that for a fact," saidFresno County Sheriff's Deputy Chris Curtice.
Neighbors worry about what led up to their deaths, and they wonder why it took so long for someone to notice that something wasn't right. "I didn't know them personally, I've seen them out and about while driving, wave, I wish I'd known them better, kind of makes you second guess your busyness when something like this happens."
Investigators have not identified the two men and are still looking for relatives.
tarpey village, fresno county, homicide, crimetracker, local, stephanie stone
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- FSU women's basketball headed to NCAA tournament 47 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea