Police investigate second shooting in Orange Cove
ORANGE COVE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives in Orange Cove are investigating a late night shooting that sent a man to the hospital.
Tuesday night's shooting happened near Ninth Street and B Street -- just over a mile from where another shooting happened Monday night near South and Lopez.
Authorities say the a group of people approached 20-year-old man who was walking in the area. Witnesses say they heard between five and seven gunshots.
Police have not said what the motive is, and say at this point and say it's too early to tell what may have led up to the shooting.
The man was air-lifted to Community Regional Medical Center. His condition has not yet been released.
Investigators aren't saying much about Monday's shooting only that the victim was shot in the upper body.
No arrests have been made in either shooting.
orange cove, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, local, stephanie stone
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 31 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 16 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt