Police investigate second shooting in Orange Cove
ORANGE COVE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives in Orange Cove are investigating a late night shooting that sent a man to the hospital.
Tuesday night's shooting happened near Ninth Street and B Street -- just over a mile from where another shooting happened Monday night near South and Lopez.
Authorities say the a group of people approached 20-year-old man who was walking in the area. Witnesses say they heard between five and seven gunshots.
Police have not said what the motive is, and say at this point and say it's too early to tell what may have led up to the shooting.
The man was air-lifted to Community Regional Medical Center. His condition has not yet been released.
Investigators aren't saying much about Monday's shooting only that the victim was shot in the upper body.
No arrests have been made in either shooting.
orange cove, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, local, stephanie stone
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire 54 min ago
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails 52 min ago
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity'
- Court: Arizona citizenship proof law illegal