Fresno mayor ticketed for using a cell phone while driving
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police proved this week that nobody in town is immune from getting a traffic ticket -- not even the mayor.
A traffic officer ticketed Mayor Ashley Swearengin Tuesday for using her cell phone while driving. The mayor's office tells Action News she was looking at an e-mail while stopped at a red light at Blackstone and Herndon.
Police say she was polite and cooperative when the officer pulled her over, and she never tried to pull rank to get out of the ticket.
ashley swearengin, fresno police department, fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 52 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt