Fresno mayor ticketed for using a cell phone while driving
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police proved this week that nobody in town is immune from getting a traffic ticket -- not even the mayor.
A traffic officer ticketed Mayor Ashley Swearengin Tuesday for using her cell phone while driving. The mayor's office tells Action News she was looking at an e-mail while stopped at a red light at Blackstone and Herndon.
Police say she was polite and cooperative when the officer pulled her over, and she never tried to pull rank to get out of the ticket.
ashley swearengin, fresno police department, fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno 29 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash 21 min ago
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe 43 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire