Fresno mayor ticketed for using a cell phone while driving
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police proved this week that nobody in town is immune from getting a traffic ticket -- not even the mayor.
A traffic officer ticketed Mayor Ashley Swearengin Tuesday for using her cell phone while driving. The mayor's office tells Action News she was looking at an e-mail while stopped at a red light at Blackstone and Herndon.
Police say she was polite and cooperative when the officer pulled her over, and she never tried to pull rank to get out of the ticket.
ashley swearengin, fresno police department, fresno, fresno county, local, corin hoggard
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year 24 min ago
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions 51 min ago
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say