Home invasion suspects impersonate SWAT team
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators in Tulare County are looking for a group of men that robbed two homes, while impersonating a SWAT team.
Tulare County Sheriff's officials say two cars pulled up to this rural property on Road 164 south of Farmersville.
The masked men broke into two homes, while yelling out "SWAT" in both English and Spanish.
11 people were in the two homes, investigators say three people were bound during the robbery. About $4 thousand in property was taken.
Neighbors say the homeowners grow marijuana. And they think that's what the crooks were after. The sheriff's office says a pound of processed pot was taken from one of the homes. The thieves also stole the victims' cell phones and car keys.
Chris Douglass with the Tulare County Sheriff's Department said, "When they finally left, one of the victims went outside and actually shot their hand gun into the ground so it would notify the neighbors and alert them to call police and get them into the neighborhood."
Sheriff's officials say there have been other cases of law enforcement imposters near Pixley, earlier this year.
Anyone with information about these cases is urged to call the Tulare County Sheriff's Department.
crimetracker, home invasion, marijuana, tulare county, tulare, farmersville, visalia, exeter, goshen, local, rick montanez
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home 20 min ago
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon 44 min ago
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos