Family escapes before fire destroys home
HOUSTON -- Firefighters say an electrical short caused a fire that consumed a home. It happened around 10pm last night on Miles near Myrtle in east Houston.
A family of four was able to safely escape the flames. Firefighters say the fire started in a bedroom, but soon spread to the entire house. The home is considered a total loss.
No one was injured, and no other surrounding homes were damaged. The family is staying with neighbors.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos