Family escapes before fire destroys home
HOUSTON -- Firefighters say an electrical short caused a fire that consumed a home. It happened around 10pm last night on Miles near Myrtle in east Houston.
A family of four was able to safely escape the flames. Firefighters say the fire started in a bedroom, but soon spread to the entire house. The home is considered a total loss.
No one was injured, and no other surrounding homes were damaged. The family is staying with neighbors.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos