Family escapes before fire destroys home
HOUSTON -- Firefighters say an electrical short caused a fire that consumed a home. It happened around 10pm last night on Miles near Myrtle in east Houston.
A family of four was able to safely escape the flames. Firefighters say the fire started in a bedroom, but soon spread to the entire house. The home is considered a total loss.
No one was injured, and no other surrounding homes were damaged. The family is staying with neighbors.
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
46 min ago