Neighbor interrupts burglary in Clovis
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in one Clovis neighborhood were evacuated from their homes Thursday afternoon as police searched for one, possibly two burglary suspects.
The incident happened just before 2:00 p.m. at a home at San Jose Avenue and Ash Avenue just south of Clovis High.
Police say the suspect or suspects broke into a home. A neighbor told investigators he saw a man hop a fence. That person then fired a shot at the neighbor. Fortunately, nobody was hit.
SWAT Teams were called in and surrounded the house.
"They went in with the robot," Janet Stoll-Lee said. "They searched room to room and did not find any sign of a suspect inside."
Police had the neighborhood blocked off for more than four hours. Investigators cleared the scene around 6:20 p.m. and people were allowed back into their homes.
Authorities believe the suspect or suspects were trying to steal weapons from the home.
crimetracker, burglary, standoff, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, rick montanez
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos