Neighbor interrupts burglary in Clovis
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- People in one Clovis neighborhood were evacuated from their homes Thursday afternoon as police searched for one, possibly two burglary suspects.
The incident happened just before 2:00 p.m. at a home at San Jose Avenue and Ash Avenue just south of Clovis High.
Police say the suspect or suspects broke into a home. A neighbor told investigators he saw a man hop a fence. That person then fired a shot at the neighbor. Fortunately, nobody was hit.
SWAT Teams were called in and surrounded the house.
"They went in with the robot," Janet Stoll-Lee said. "They searched room to room and did not find any sign of a suspect inside."
Police had the neighborhood blocked off for more than four hours. Investigators cleared the scene around 6:20 p.m. and people were allowed back into their homes.
Authorities believe the suspect or suspects were trying to steal weapons from the home.
crimetracker, burglary, standoff, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, rick montanez
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy