Pickup driver runs off freeway, slams into apartment building in north Houston
HOUSTON -- Two people were hurt when the driver of a pickup slammed into the side of an apartment building overnight in north Houston.
It happened around 2:30am at the apartments on Robert E. Lee near the North Freeway. The driver of the Chevy Silverado told police someone was chasing him when he lost control of his pickup and ran off the freeway. He plowed through a wrought-iron fence, smashed into decorative boulders and pushed those items into an apartment.
Two people were sleeping in a corner apartment when that truck punched through the wall, shearing off the corner.
"They were asleep on the couch in the living room. Two people were asleep in two couches. They are OK. One of them has a really swollen hand," said neighbor Julie Brown. "It was a very close call. It's amazing that they are alive."
Those two people are now recovering at a hospital. The driver of the pickup was taken into custody at the scene.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 10 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno