Pickup driver runs off freeway, slams into apartment building in north Houston
HOUSTON -- Two people were hurt when the driver of a pickup slammed into the side of an apartment building overnight in north Houston.
It happened around 2:30am at the apartments on Robert E. Lee near the North Freeway. The driver of the Chevy Silverado told police someone was chasing him when he lost control of his pickup and ran off the freeway. He plowed through a wrought-iron fence, smashed into decorative boulders and pushed those items into an apartment.
Two people were sleeping in a corner apartment when that truck punched through the wall, shearing off the corner.
"They were asleep on the couch in the living room. Two people were asleep in two couches. They are OK. One of them has a really swollen hand," said neighbor Julie Brown. "It was a very close call. It's amazing that they are alive."
Those two people are now recovering at a hospital. The driver of the pickup was taken into custody at the scene.
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos