HPD officer injured after driver hits squad car
HOUSTON -- A man slammed his car into an HPD cruiser overnight and caused an officer to hit a pole in northeast Houston.
It happened on Broyles near Crane. Police say the man ran a stop sign and his Toyota Corolla hit the patrol car in the driver's side area.
The cruiser went flying into a telephone pole and the entire rear area of the cruiser was crushed by the collision.
The officer was taken to the hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening. The other driver is in police custody.
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos