HPD officer injured after driver hits squad car
HOUSTON -- A man slammed his car into an HPD cruiser overnight and caused an officer to hit a pole in northeast Houston.
It happened on Broyles near Crane. Police say the man ran a stop sign and his Toyota Corolla hit the patrol car in the driver's side area.
The cruiser went flying into a telephone pole and the entire rear area of the cruiser was crushed by the collision.
The officer was taken to the hospital. His injuries are not life-threatening. The other driver is in police custody.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet 43 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls