Gunfight between men ends with one dead
HOUSTON -- A gunfight last night on a northwest Harris County street ends with one man dead.
It happened on North Park Villas at Palston Bend. Police say two men started shooting at each other. One man was hit and died on the street. Police say the other man with a gunshot wound went to the hospital on his own.
One man says his wife heard the first shot and it was followed by a series of gunshots.
"My wife say she heard something like a shot from outside and I was ignoring her that it was a problem, and then I hear 6 or 7 rounds," said nearby resident Gerard Trejo.
There's no word yet on what motivated the shooting.
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety