Plenty of furry friends up for adoption at the Galleria
HOUSTON -- Shoppers at the Houston Galleria will notice some furry friends looking for loving homes for the holidays.
The Houston SPCA teamed up with Neiman Marcus for its 23rd annual Holiday Pet Adoption.
This annual holiday tradition celebrates 23 years of saving lives and features adorable adoptable cats, kittens, puppies and small dogs playing to the crowd of holiday shoppers.
This year's festive holiday windows were designed by Kim Hartz Photography.
Cats and dogs will be on display in the store's front windows through December 23.
If you're thinking of giving someone a pet as a gift, the SPCA says it's best that the animal not be a surprise.
"This should be a well thought out decision," said Meera Nandlal with the Houston SPCA. "Animals are lifetime commitments and we want them to have forever homes. So if you do want to get someone the gift of a pet, bring them to Neiman Marcus, bring them to the Houston SPCA. Let them pick out the animal and you pick up the tab."
The animals are all spayed and neutered and ready to go home the same day.
The adoption fee for puppies, small dogs and purebred dogs is $195. Large dogs are $95.
Adult cats are $65 and kittens are $95, but you can adopt any cat for just $5 through Sunday as part of a special.
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District 24 min ago
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years 59 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Xbox One to go on sale in late 2013
- 2016 Super Bowl to be played in 49ers' new stadium
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado