China Peak partially opens Friday
CHINA PEAK, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of skiers and snow boarders took to the slopes at China Peak on what is now being dubbed "White Friday." The park partially opened Friday morning with nearly two feet of machine-made snow.
Mother Nature hasn't kicked in yet so none of the lifts are open this weekend, but managers built a jib park with a few different features to give skiers and snowboarders of all levels a chance to reacquaint themselves with the sport.
"How does it feel to be back up here? It feels great," Graham Gray said. "It's been way to long of a summer so I think everyone is really happy to be on snow again."
There were also quite a few first timers on the mountain as the park offered private lessons to those who wanted to learn. It will be open again Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
china peak, local, linda mumma
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 17 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case