China Peak partially opens Friday
CHINA PEAK, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of skiers and snow boarders took to the slopes at China Peak on what is now being dubbed "White Friday." The park partially opened Friday morning with nearly two feet of machine-made snow.
Mother Nature hasn't kicked in yet so none of the lifts are open this weekend, but managers built a jib park with a few different features to give skiers and snowboarders of all levels a chance to reacquaint themselves with the sport.
"How does it feel to be back up here? It feels great," Graham Gray said. "It's been way to long of a summer so I think everyone is really happy to be on snow again."
There were also quite a few first timers on the mountain as the park offered private lessons to those who wanted to learn. It will be open again Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
china peak, local, linda mumma
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 7 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 30 min ago
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart