China Peak partially opens Friday
CHINA PEAK, Calif. (KFSN) -- Dozens of skiers and snow boarders took to the slopes at China Peak on what is now being dubbed "White Friday." The park partially opened Friday morning with nearly two feet of machine-made snow.
Mother Nature hasn't kicked in yet so none of the lifts are open this weekend, but managers built a jib park with a few different features to give skiers and snowboarders of all levels a chance to reacquaint themselves with the sport.
"How does it feel to be back up here? It feels great," Graham Gray said. "It's been way to long of a summer so I think everyone is really happy to be on snow again."
There were also quite a few first timers on the mountain as the park offered private lessons to those who wanted to learn. It will be open again Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
china peak, local, linda mumma
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame 2 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013