HCSO: Man hit by multiple vehicles, killed
HOUSTON -- A man trying to outrun traffic on Tomball Parkway was hit and killed overnight.
It happened just before 8pm Friday in the 11700 block of Highway 249 at Upland Willow near West Mount Houston in north Harris County.
Deputies said Vinubhai Amin was trying to cross the freeway and dodge traffic, but he ended up getting hit by multiple vehicles.
According to officials, a southbound Ford F-150 struck him first, throwing him into northbound traffic. He was then hit by three other vehicles, authorities said.
Officials at the scene told us some of the vehicles stopped, but others kept going. Amin, who was wearing dark clothes in a dimly-lit area of the roadway at the time, died at the scene.
There's no word if anyone will face any criminal charges. The accident remains under investigation.
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 51 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
50 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos