HCSO: Man hit by multiple vehicles, killed
HOUSTON -- A man trying to outrun traffic on Tomball Parkway was hit and killed overnight.
It happened just before 8pm Friday in the 11700 block of Highway 249 at Upland Willow near West Mount Houston in north Harris County.
Deputies said Vinubhai Amin was trying to cross the freeway and dodge traffic, but he ended up getting hit by multiple vehicles.
According to officials, a southbound Ford F-150 struck him first, throwing him into northbound traffic. He was then hit by three other vehicles, authorities said.
Officials at the scene told us some of the vehicles stopped, but others kept going. Amin, who was wearing dark clothes in a dimly-lit area of the roadway at the time, died at the scene.
There's no word if anyone will face any criminal charges. The accident remains under investigation.
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 17 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 52 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery