Man arrested after Central Fresno pursuits
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail after police say he led them on not one but two car chases.
The second pursuit came to an end in Central Fresno, near the intersection of McKinley and Fay shortly before 11 p.m. Friday.
Police arrested 36-year-old Walter McDaniel after he failed to stop.
Authorities say the chase initially began in the area of Van Ness and Clinton around 7:30 and the second in the area of College and Clinton around 10:30.
Police say at first they had a hard time identifying the suspect because the car had recently been purchased.
"It was only until after we stopped him that we discovered that he is the actual owner of the car and the reason he was fleeing is because he knew he had warrants for stealing cars," Sgt. Bob Reynolds of the Fresno Police Department said.
Police also found a 13-year-old boy inside the car. McDaniel was arrested for those car theft warrants, fleeing from police and child endangerment.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 39 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 19 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos