Man arrested after Central Fresno pursuits
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail after police say he led them on not one but two car chases.
The second pursuit came to an end in Central Fresno, near the intersection of McKinley and Fay shortly before 11 p.m. Friday.
Police arrested 36-year-old Walter McDaniel after he failed to stop.
Authorities say the chase initially began in the area of Van Ness and Clinton around 7:30 and the second in the area of College and Clinton around 10:30.
Police say at first they had a hard time identifying the suspect because the car had recently been purchased.
"It was only until after we stopped him that we discovered that he is the actual owner of the car and the reason he was fleeing is because he knew he had warrants for stealing cars," Sgt. Bob Reynolds of the Fresno Police Department said.
Police also found a 13-year-old boy inside the car. McDaniel was arrested for those car theft warrants, fleeing from police and child endangerment.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors 15 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 21 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 14 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos