Man arrested after Central Fresno pursuits
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail after police say he led them on not one but two car chases.
The second pursuit came to an end in Central Fresno, near the intersection of McKinley and Fay shortly before 11 p.m. Friday.
Police arrested 36-year-old Walter McDaniel after he failed to stop.
Authorities say the chase initially began in the area of Van Ness and Clinton around 7:30 and the second in the area of College and Clinton around 10:30.
Police say at first they had a hard time identifying the suspect because the car had recently been purchased.
"It was only until after we stopped him that we discovered that he is the actual owner of the car and the reason he was fleeing is because he knew he had warrants for stealing cars," Sgt. Bob Reynolds of the Fresno Police Department said.
Police also found a 13-year-old boy inside the car. McDaniel was arrested for those car theft warrants, fleeing from police and child endangerment.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting