Deputies: Man stabs step-son during argument
HOUSTON -- A man was fatally stabbed Saturday after a scuffle in east Harris County, and officials say it all started with an argument over a cell phone.
It happened Saturday evening at a home in the 6600 block of Eastleigh at Fawley near Uvalde Road and Highway 90.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, 31-year-old Robert Jones was arguing with his mother about a cell phone.
Deputies said the mom grabbed a knife and started waving it around, but Jones' step-father stepped in and took the knife away from her.
That's when the two men got into a scuffle, officials said.
The knife ended up in Jones' neck and he died at the scene.
The step-father went with detectives for questioning. They referred the case to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 22 min ago
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 3 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals