Deputies: Man stabs step-son during argument
HOUSTON -- A man was fatally stabbed Saturday after a scuffle in east Harris County, and officials say it all started with an argument over a cell phone.
It happened Saturday evening at a home in the 6600 block of Eastleigh at Fawley near Uvalde Road and Highway 90.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, 31-year-old Robert Jones was arguing with his mother about a cell phone.
Deputies said the mom grabbed a knife and started waving it around, but Jones' step-father stepped in and took the knife away from her.
That's when the two men got into a scuffle, officials said.
The knife ended up in Jones' neck and he died at the scene.
The step-father went with detectives for questioning. They referred the case to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 44 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- Day 99 of Rhonda's 100 Day Fitness Challenge
53 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos