Deputies: Man stabs step-son during argument
HOUSTON -- A man was fatally stabbed Saturday after a scuffle in east Harris County, and officials say it all started with an argument over a cell phone.
It happened Saturday evening at a home in the 6600 block of Eastleigh at Fawley near Uvalde Road and Highway 90.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, 31-year-old Robert Jones was arguing with his mother about a cell phone.
Deputies said the mom grabbed a knife and started waving it around, but Jones' step-father stepped in and took the knife away from her.
That's when the two men got into a scuffle, officials said.
The knife ended up in Jones' neck and he died at the scene.
The step-father went with detectives for questioning. They referred the case to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos