Deputies: Man stabs step-son during argument
HOUSTON -- A man was fatally stabbed Saturday after a scuffle in east Harris County, and officials say it all started with an argument over a cell phone.
It happened Saturday evening at a home in the 6600 block of Eastleigh at Fawley near Uvalde Road and Highway 90.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, 31-year-old Robert Jones was arguing with his mother about a cell phone.
Deputies said the mom grabbed a knife and started waving it around, but Jones' step-father stepped in and took the knife away from her.
That's when the two men got into a scuffle, officials said.
The knife ended up in Jones' neck and he died at the scene.
The step-father went with detectives for questioning. They referred the case to the district attorney's office for possible charges.
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos