Off-duty HPD officer jailed for aggravated assaults
HOUSTON -- A Houston Police Department officer was arrested this weekend after allegedly threatening to kill his estranged wife and her boyfriend.
According to the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office, Cedric Douglas Lincoln was off duty went to his former home in the 19000 block of Pueblo Run in Cypress around 2:30am Saturday. Officials said Lincoln no longer lived there, and he and his wife are separated.
Lincoln reportedly got into the garage and saw the pickup of his wife's boyfriend parked inside.
Deputies said Lincoln went to the bedroom and allegedly held a gun to the boyfriend's head, threatening to kill him and telling him to get out of the house. He then turned the gun on his wife, threatening to kill her, officials said.
The boyfriend called 911 and told deputies that the suspect was a police officer with a gun. When authorities arrived, they arrested Lincoln without incident.
The Lincolns' two children -- both under five years of age -- were in the house at the time, officials said. They were unharmed.
According to investigators, Lincoln had been drinking. He was in civilian clothes and was driving his own vehicle. It's unclear whether he used his duty weapon in the alleged assault.
Lincoln, 33, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault on a family member. He was released from jail after posting $30,000 bond and is set to appear in court Monday.
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 1 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote 50 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire 28 min ago
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
47 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
31 min ago