Driver killed after crossing into oncoming traffic
HOUSTON -- Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies are investigating a fatal accident they believe involved an impaired driver.
It happened today around 3:20am in the 2400 block of West Mount Houston.
Investigators said Ricardo Paskinel Zepata-Bernal was westbound in a maroon Nissan Pathfinder when an eastbound silver Ford Taurus driven by Arturo Salinas crossed into oncoming traffic and hit Zepata-Bernal's SUV.
It's unclear why Salinas crossed into oncoming traffic. He was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Officials said Zepata-Bernal was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries.
According to deputies, Zepata-Bernal exhibited signs of impairment. Blood test results are pending.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 8 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east