Driver killed after crossing into oncoming traffic
HOUSTON -- Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies are investigating a fatal accident they believe involved an impaired driver.
It happened today around 3:20am in the 2400 block of West Mount Houston.
Investigators said Ricardo Paskinel Zepata-Bernal was westbound in a maroon Nissan Pathfinder when an eastbound silver Ford Taurus driven by Arturo Salinas crossed into oncoming traffic and hit Zepata-Bernal's SUV.
It's unclear why Salinas crossed into oncoming traffic. He was dead when deputies arrived at the scene.
Officials said Zepata-Bernal was transported to a local hospital with minor injuries.
According to deputies, Zepata-Bernal exhibited signs of impairment. Blood test results are pending.
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight