HPD: 19 suspected illegal immigrants found in house
HOUSTON -- Houston police were called to an assault Sunday night and ended up finding more than a dozen suspected illegal immigrants in a house, officials said.
It happened at a home in the 9300 block of Klondike at Easthaven in southeast Houston around 1:15pm.
Police said they arrived at the scene looking for a man who was injured during an assault, but he was gone. Instead, they found 19 people in the home.
"When we got here we learned that there was information that there may be people being held, possibly against their will," HPD Sgt. George Mixon said.
According to police, they are possibly from Honduras, Mexico and Guatemala. They range in age from late teens to 20s.
"We actually have now 19 people in custody that are going to be transferred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel," Mixon said.
Investigators said the man who was allegedly assaulted has not been located. Police are looking for him.
"That was one that actually left the scene We've got to look out for them," Mixon said. "We don't have any information on them at this time."
ICE is investigating. Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party 37 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom 37 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 37 min ago
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos